On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 22:25 +0200, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
Kohei Yoshida <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

1) The use of "product" and "non-product" terms seems unclear to me.
What do they mean exactly?

Hi Kohei,

a "product" version is one that has .pro suffix at the output trees
(that's the default case). A "non-product" has no such suffix, and
gets enabled via --enable-dbgutil at the configure line. We should
rather advertise this a bit more, because people then get assertions
if they break stuff horribly. ;-)

Unfortunately they will also get assertions with a vanilla build,
which makes this less useful. I wasted a lot of time trying to
track down the cause of an assertion, assuming it was due to a
change I had introduced, before discovering it still occurred
with a clean checkout.

Martin