Joe Smith wrote:

> I still say it's a bug--the import operation should not change the
> values returned by those functions and the result should be the same as
> it was in the original document.

It's not the import function that changes the fields. There is some code
in some filters that updates the fields to current values before the
file is stored - and yes, this can be a bug in some situations
(conversion to PDF IMHO being one) but is required in others (e.g.
saving a modified file or calling "save as..." on  it). As Jürgen stated
we must define this behavior more exactly. As a short overview, we must
consider the following situation:

(1) ODF or MSOffice format file gets loaded and is stored to another
location
  (a) in ODF or MSOffice format
  (b) in another file format

(2) document with a file without meta data gets loaded and is stored to
another location
  (a) in ODF/MSOffice file format
  (b) in another file format

Additionally we must consider

- whether the file has been modified before storing or not
- if the storing has a "save as" logic or a "copy to" logic.

We have to look on all meta data fields that are related to user data
(modified, created, editing cycles, editing duration etc.).

And maybe more. :-)

Best regards,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".