Hi,

for the connection to an oracle-db via OOo-Base, a jdbc-driver is
required. This driver normally comes as a third-party jar-archive.
Wich is the preferred way to deploy the jar-archive in a network with
multiple hosts and multiple OOo-Installations?

I already have got some possible ways for deploying the jar-archive in
mind, but there is no way that convices me. There might be a better
solution.

1) Manually add the jar-archive via Tools->Options->General
Settings/Java/ ... add archive:
This works but it is no alternative as user interaction is required on
each single host and even for each single user. I need a deployment
option that could be done by an admin.

2) Putting the third-party jar-archive into the <jre>/lib/ext directory:
This is not a good option as the jar-archive might conflict with other
drivers from other components than OOo base. The jar-file should only
by visible for OOo/OOo-Base.

3) In former versions of OOo there was a java.ini-file that defined a
systemClassPath. Regarding to the schema definition
schema/org/openoffice/Office/Java.xcs this option is deprecated. So
which is the preferred way?

best regards,
Christoph