I have a document with multiple nested TextSections, I am displaying
these in a kind of Tree View.  The user would like to move whole
sections from one part of the document to another (like dragging and
moving a node of a tree). Currently the OpenOffice UI doesnt provide
this.

This functionality was relatively easy to build for simple
TextSections (i.e. sections that do not have child TextSections...). I
was using the dispatch copy and past API, along with programmatically
deleting the source TextSection and re-creating it in the new position
(since the Dispatch API doesnt lose any formatting information).

However implementing the same functionality for Sections which have
nested sections is a problem. Since the Cut / Paste of the dispatch
API does not recognize TextSections, Is there a reason why Copy /
Paste does not copy the TextSection ? (Or is it a bug... )

thanks

ashok