Tor,

Tor Lillqvist wrote:
. AFAIK, the static destructors of objects in shared libraries are called by atexit functions, arent they ?

The semantics of functions registered with atexit() when dynamically loaded
shared libraries are involved is completely system-dependent and a big mess.
atexit() is close to unusable because what it actually does, exactly, is so
underspecified. Im my not so humble opinion atexit() should be banned. I
seriously doubt any C++ implementation directly uses the C atexit() function to
handle destruction of static objects.
you are reading my thoughts, especially wrt "atexit" vs. C++ (see http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Uno/Cpp/Tutorials/Global_References for some analysis :-)

--tml

            Kay