Hi Cor,

Cor Nouws wrote:

> Hi Vikas,
>
> VIKAS JAIN schreef:
>> how to import a writer file into impress in OPEN OFFICE....
>
> Copy in Writer and Edit|Paste special in Impress.
>
> Also in Writer: File|Send|Outline to presentation
> (however this seems to crash in 2.3)

I think that was more a question about how to implement a filter.
As I brought up the idea let me put it into context: the original
question was how to implement a PPT export for Writer. I don't think
that this is a good idea as Writer is about flow text and PPT files use
slides, but let's put that aside for the moment. Unfortunately the OP
also didn't tell us why (he thinks that?) he needs this.

If you really wanted to have something like that it would be easier and
perhaps even less useless ;-) to do it the other way around and import
an odt file into Impress or first to load the Writer file as usual and
then copy its content into an impress document via API.

One could do it the hard way and implement a filter. But I'm afraid this
is something I can't explain in a few sentences in a mailing list. But
if Draw/Impress provided the "internal clipboard" API that Writer and
Calc already support I would do it the following way:

select some paragraphs or a whole page in a Writer document via API
retrieve this as a "Transferable" object (internal clipboard API)
create new slide in Impress document via API
paste Transferable object into the slide (internal clipboard API)
continue until end of Writer document

This process simulates what happens when you manually copy/paste the
stuff. It would be a simple and straightforward process that can work
quite well if you have a Writer document with simple text only and where
its text can be split into slide-compatible pieces. But for anything
else this functionality wouldn't make much sense anyway ...

Unfortunately first the Draw/Impress team needed to be convinced that it
is time to implement the missing interface. ;-)

That BTW would enable other developers to implement a nice multi
clipboard extension for OOo.

Ciao,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".