Hello Matthias,

Is it possible for our custom Java component to broadcast events via
the GlobalEventBroadcaster, so that listeners listening on it will
receive them?

Yes it's possible ... but till now an undocumented feature.
The problem behind: who will be responsible to make sure that all event names will be non ambigous ? E.g. you shouldnt broadcast "OnNew" with a different meaning then now .-) Nobody wish to have a complex naming schema for such event names - do you ?

I think it would be the best to let OOo core control such events.
Can you please provide more details about the feature you wish to implement ... before I tell you something more about the "tricky way for broadcasting own document events" ?

Matthias

Regards
Andreas