Hi Charles,

* you see this in the screenshots on their website

* you can download a trial version
** this trial version claims that on my box that a newer version of butler office is installed :-) ** The Windows version identifies itself in the about box as a build 9095 (OOE680m6). The Mac version as build 9161 (OOF680m18).

I assume that also people who paid for the office also get no access to the source code.
The included license looks weired, I will have a deeper look into it.

Martin

Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
Hello Kevin,

ButlerPro is not one of our contributors. However, I'd be curious to know how you can see that they're using the OpenOffice.org codebase.

Best Regards,

Charles-H. Schulz.

Kevin Ogden a écrit :
http://www.butlerofficepro.com/

http://www.butlerofficepro.com/ebay

It's certainly a modified version of OpenOffice. They don't mention OpenOffice nor do they provide source. Right down to the soffice.bin executable in the OS X package.

Also check out

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2008-Office-Pro-for-Mac-Microsoft-Vista-XP_W0QQitemZ190187536162QQihZ009QQcategoryZ80241QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They openly bash open source software on this page yet their product is based on it.

I've had an unsuccessful discussion with them on this if you all would like me to forward it to the list. The only contact info on the page was the customer service e-mail address <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. I have a feeling it's just a guy or 3 in a basement because the reply was instantaneous and whoever it was didn't seem like a typical customer service rep. He was a bit more knowledgeable than a typical customer service rep.

If I'm wrong and they do contribute code back, my apologies. I certainly haven't seen anything however. I just felt the need to point this out.

--Kevin