Hi Nikolai,

> The "uglyness" IMHO is not subjective, and a defect. Maintainability is
> a major problem in any project as huge as OOo,

Sure.

> - unnecessary code

Which is true for a lot of other places, too. I usually fix those
incrementally :)

> - a potential cause for difficult to find errors, when internal include
> guards change.

If an internal include guard changes - this only means that the external
include guard does not apply anymore (i.e. the #ifndef evaluates to
false), so the file is unconditionally included, effectively. Where's
the difficult-to-find error here?

> I think we should welcome the opportunity that somebody is willing to do
> this work.

I'm all in for somebody else doing work :), and I do not doubt that it
is *reasonable* to remove external include guards /in general/.
I only suspect that the minor gain we get from this is not worth the
potential medium or big pain it will cause. That's why I still think the
"all-in-one" thing is not the best approach here.

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -