PA Galmes wrote:
On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 4:35 AM, Andrew Ziem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
maoyg wrote:
 > Hello all,
 > I have added a new feature specification about Print Output Scaling Factor
 > on page preview, please check it and give some suggestion to me.
 > I'm looking forwards to your apply!  :)
 >
 > http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Calc/Drafts/Page_margins

 Hello,

 Thanks.  This could be handy.  One thing I notice is the zoom slider has
 an unusual look and feel.  Is this a custom control?  Instead could a
 standard control be used (or simulated)?

In fact, Picasa and Qt... have similar sliders. I find them nice.
Could you describe more precisely what you don't like ?

I was never a fan of Qt/KDE. :) I will try my best to to articulate this.

I would remove the end points (either the plus/minus or the small/big letters). Then I would change the slide shape from a circle to a rectangle or to a square+triangle shape.

In the case of the plus/minus endpoints, they look like buttons for increasing or decreasing the zoom. If so, they are redundant to the slide control.

In the case of the small/big letter endpoints, they are awkward. It is enough to label the control with the text "page zoom" (or something like that).

In the case of the circle for the slide control, it is also awkward. A rectangle implies a motion across the path of the slider. A square+triangle implies setting a precise measurement and reminds me of some real-world device.

Andrew