Hi,

Which API are you using currently to let the document be saved? Please describe the arguments you provide to the API ( if any ) as well.

Best regards,
Mikhail.

yaungmin wrote:
Here is detail information about the project that I am working on.

I am using Java for this add-on program. This program is just for
openoffice.org writer, so I will only working with .odt format. I have five
buttons on the tool bar which are Login, New, Open, Save and Logout. After
the user login to the system, they are allowed to create new document, open
existing document, save current document and logout from the system.

What I have so far is when I click on New, it shows me a new blank document.
I can type some text on the document but I wasn’t able to save it when I
click on Save button. I will be saving the document to the database in
future but just for testing purpose, I am saving the document to my desktop.

The format that I would like to save is odt (openoffice.org writer) format.

Basically yes, I would like to replace the “Save/Save As” functionality of
OOo, but my program will save to a given database instead of displaying a
file dialog to specify the folder to save in. Yes, I would like to have my
own function call to save the current document when user click on the save
button.

My code will be added to openoffice.org as an extension.

I tried to create a separate test program which creates a blank document and
I saved it right after I created the document. The document was saved to my
desktop as I specified but the title of the document is still “Untitled 2 –
Openoffice.org Writer” instead of the name of the document that I given.

In additional to that, I tried to type some text in the document and tried
to save the document again, but additional text that I just typed in weren’t
saved.
Thank you for your help in advance.

Min

Mathias Bauer wrote:
yaungmin wrote:

I am writing an Openoffice Add-on program which I need to write my own
save
function. Can someone please give me some advice on how to save an
Openoffice writer document which is active on the screen.

Thanks,
Min
With so little information it's close to impossible to give advice. So:

- do you want to have a file dialog to select a file name or folder to
save in?

- in which format or formats do you want to save the file?

- do you want to create a copy of the file or do you intend to replace
the "Save"/"SaveAs" functionality of OOo?

- if the answer to the last question is "yes", do you want your own
function called when the user selects the corresponding command in the
menu or toolbar?

- which programming language do you want to use?

- do you want to add your code to your own private build of OOo or do
you want to create an extension?

I'm sure I can present some more nice questions before I can give you a
*useful* advice, but let's start with those ones. :-9

Ciao,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".