On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 15:20 +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> Caolan McNamara wrote:
> > Where should unopkg add --shared stuff end up in a 3 layer OOo, into the
> > basis layer or the brand layer ?
>
> Shared extensions go into the brand layer.  Quoting
> <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/ODF_Toolkit/Efforts/Three-Layer_OOo>:
>
> *  The share/extension/install directory can contain brand specific
> Extensions that are deployed shared at installation time.
> * This implies that the shared Extension layer (share/uno_packages) is
> in the Brand layer, not the OOo-Basis layer. (TODO: a future extension
> might be to add a third Extension layer in the OOo-Basis layer.)

I guess if I wanted to e.g. share them between two optionally available
brands right now I could simply try and link the two uno_packages dir to
some single location. Just kicking around packaging the BrOffice.org
brand in additional to the stock OOo brand, and want to try and keep
things simple wrt. the existing packaged extensions and upgrade paths.

Also (for the moment at least) if someone has extensions installed under
OOo2 systemwide they won't be migrated automagically to OOo3 as the
locations are different now. I note that if I simply move the OOo2
uno_packages dir into OOo3 that it "works", anyone know if I have any
sort of guarantee that it "should work" ?

C.