On 29/04/2008, Jörg Budischewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> > And all this weird code in except.cxx is only necessary because our C++
> UNO exceptions do not make plain C++ RTTI available (see Frank's post)!
> This got me thinking:  What about actually changing the C++ UNO binding,
> conditionally for _MSC_VER >= 1500 only, for OOo 3.0, by adding a virtual
> destructor to com::sun::star::uno::Exception?
> >
>  I agree to your arguments on that OOo 3.0 will be incompatible eitherway.
>
>  I guess you also need to modify the bridge code to correctly create rtti
> exceptions from bridged calls. They may also be some ugly code, that handles
> exceptions like structs deep in cppu ...
>
>  Sadly I can't recall anymore why the Exception didn't get a virtual
> destructor, it was certainly discussed ...
>
>  So good luck with such a cws :-/
>
>  Bye,
>
>  Joerg

Hi Guys,

Please tell me if I've missed something here - because I'm sure I have
as I'm not really a C(++) programmer...

but isn't there a macro way around this?

rgds,

Richard
--
Richard Rothwell,                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Education Consultant                                http://m6-it.org

Web services * Back-ups * Support * Training & Certification * E-Mail
M6-IT CIC ``Software Freedom for the Education and Voluntary Sector''

M6-IT is a Community Interest Company, limited by guarantee
Registered in England & Wales,               Registration No: 6040154
11 St Marks Road, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY9 7DT