Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:
Thanks for checking on this for me... I must admit that I do have another question. Why do you have so many styles? Are these internal styles, or are these specifically created styles? I am curious as to the mechanism used to create these styles?

Using OOo 3.0 beta, I created a small text document. I then chose three random words and made them bold.

OOo created a single internal style named T1 (see below).

<office:automatic-styles>
</office:automatic-styles>

The same internal style was used for all three words.

I find it difficult to fathom how there can be so many different combinations of styles if you create and use them yourself unless the styles are created automatically. If these styles are created automatically, is there a possibility to programatically combine styles with the same attributes?

I am working on a dictionary (actually about a dozen of them) and I have only 4 main styles, e.g. MyBold, MyItalic, MyAux and MyNormal. What I have a lot is uses of those styles: let's say I have 20000 positions in one dictionary and each position may contain several words in each style. That'll make at least 80K of style instances, which breaks OOo.