Hi everyone,

So I was downloading Open Office (again) and noticed the call for contributors. I don't normally respond to these things, it's hard to know if I have anything worth while to contribute so I'll outline my general abilities. I'm a bit apprehensive in starting because I wouldn't consider myself a mega guru, and it seems a bit overwhelming to come into a project at this stage of maturity and try and understand how things fit together...

Programming
* C - did C at uni a long time ago, used it in real life to develop little tools for the windows command line. I administered Linux before I ever had to administer Windows so I had my preferred way of doing things...
* Java
* Javascript - ajax etc
* php
* perl
* .Net- programmed various data extraction/ data visualization / interface tools that interact with MS SQL, MySQL, access databases, csv etc
* unixy stuff, shell scripts etc (enough to get stuff done).

I'm open to suggestions in regards to how to jump in...

Regards,

Daniel.