Hi,

You misunderstand me; I guess I was not clear enough.

you was perfectly clear.

1 Sun Hamburg Linux builds include a libstdc++.so.6 that comes from somewhere "by magic"; it is not checked into CVS. That is already how it works for a long time, and probably will not change. Traditionally, the included libstdc++.so.6 is the one corresponding to the compiler with which Sun Hamburg creates the builds (but it should be OK to use a later one, due to libstdc++.so. 6's compatibility nature). It is the Sun Hamburg builds that are offered for download on the OOo web site.

And this "magic" is something I do not agree with at all. Either it comes from the compiler (and we know what version is used) or from the CVS. There is no other way. I really do not feel comfortable by randomly adding libraries from somewhere to the install sets.

Hmm, how it is licensewise? Is the current approach (and your proposed one) OK?
--
Pavel Janík