OOo isn't intended to manage certificates.

IMHO every user should have only *one* key store for being used from all
apps, with central/system management tools.

Unfortunately we don't have the ideal situation anywhere:
Windows offers such a central place, but at least Mozilla doesn't make
use of it. Linux/Solaris doesn't have the central store, so we have to
rely on something else.

So we simply use the stores managed by some NSS application, or the
Windows Certificate MMC.

We don't store anything there but only read them, so I think this should
work fine.

Malte.