Please let me second Joerg's request for a debuggable download.

My interest arises not from any mystery or suspicion of a problem in the
OOo code but simply from a taste for using an interactive debugger as a
tool for understanding the code.  I think this habit is somewhat common.

Is it possible to make a debuggable download which will work for as
broad a range of systems as the installation sets currently offered?

Cheers,
Terry.