Rich wrote:

> On 2008.07.16. 19:53, Mathias Bauer wrote:
>> Rich wrote:
>>
>>> hi. i wanted to ask about the status of mediawiki extension, especially
>>> about phase 2 - "Provide an extension to OpenOffice.org to load, edit
>>> and republish MediaWiki pages with OpenOffice.org" (as stated on
>>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/MediaWiki_Extension/Project_Scope_Statement).
>>>
>>> latest meeting, according to
>>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/MediaWiki_Extension/Meetings,
>>> has been on last meeting 12-Dec-2007 - and last email about mediawiki i
>>> could find on [EMAIL PROTECTED] archives was on february
>>> this year.
>>>
>>> sorry for not using [EMAIL PROTECTED], i'm not subscribed there - and i
>>> think this extension, if finished, has a huge potential :)
>>
>> We didn't work on loading wiki pages and it is not very probable that
>> this will change in the next months. We are observing what's going on
>> elsewhere wrt. conversion from Mediawiki format to odt, but we are
>> currently not working on an own import filter. If someone is interested
>> in doing so we will give support as much as we can.
>
> thanks for the answer.
> that's a shame, i was very excited about such a feature :)

Well, I'm also very excited about it - but the available "resources"
(developers) will be busy with other things that are considered to be
more important.

> also, maybe it's a good idea to update that wiki page to reflect the
> current state ?

The current state is described correctly - or did we make any promises
about when "phase 2" will start or even end? ;-)

I will add a comment that "phase 2" will not happen in the forseeable
future (means: 3.1) and that this might change if some development
outside of OOo would be so compelling that we couldn't resist to join it.

Ciao,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".