Hi Sajjan,

On Sunday 13 July 2008 21:01, sajjan jyothi wrote:

>    I am having expertise of c/Java programming in linux.I would like to
> contribute to open office in an effective way.I want to setup the build the
> developement enviornment in my system,I am having open suse 10.2 installed
> in my system.
> I am having some idea like
> 1) Online document sharing
> 2) Storage of spread sheet as xml so that it can be transfered through
> webservices easily.
> Please guide me in this.I am eagerly waiting for your reply on this.

We have a page that contains the basic info for the developers that want to
start developing OOo here:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/I_want_to_be_an_OpenOffice.org_developer

Unfortunately it is not focused on Java developers, because the core of OOo is
written in C++.  With Java experience, you might be interested in developing
extensions - like

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions_development

Regards,
Jan