On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 11:57 +0800, JiangChuang wrote:
> Dear everyone,
>     I'm building OpenOffice.org(OOH680_m12) for the platform of ARM on
> the ScratchBox environment. I've got the following error message:
>
>         /home/arm/ooo_OOH680_m12_src/libxml2
>         -------------

>         See `config.log' for more details.
>         dmake:  Error code 1, while making
>         'unxlngr.pro/misc/build/so_configured_so_libxml2'
>         ---* tg_merge.mk *---
>
>         sb_gcc_wrapper (sb_gcc_wrapper): sb_gcc_wrapper cannot be recognized
>         Maybe you are trying to run a compiler of a wrong architecture?
>         [sbox-DIABLO_ARMEL: ~] >

I'm not really familiar with the scratchbox environment nor with your
own environment to know what *should* happen, but these all look like
generic errors, and not specific to OOo at all. You need to check the
config.log in libxml2/unxlngr.pro/... and see the invocation of gcc used
there, and see exactly why it failed to create a a.out that ran. And
"Maybe you are trying to run a compiler of a wrong architecture?" looks
like something to check out. Does even hello world work in this env ?

With scratchbox (though, I don't know if anyone has even built OOo with
scratchbox before, so this may be an ambitious build) if I understand
correctly, the x86 hosted cross-compiler (as "gcc") should create arm
output, but any arm binaries executed from the scratchbox environment
should get run magically by qemu so that executing them works fine.

C.