Caolan McNamara schrieb:
On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 13:33 +0200, Ulf Wendel wrote:
Ulf Wendel schrieb:
Any hints on building OOo 3.0 M28 @ SuSE 11.0 ?
... the obvious solution is stay away from the GNU Java stuff that SuSE 11 installs by default. However, it would be nice if OpenOffice would bail during configure, if its possible to detect the GNU stuff somehow.

Given that your error was in

Building module sandbox
/home/nixnutz/oo.org-m28/sandbox/com/sun/star/lib/sandbox

and that the makefile there has ...

.IF "$(JDK)" == "gcj"
all:
        @echo This dir cannot be build with gcj because of
sun.applet.AppletAudioClip

it implies that JDK was not set to gcj by configure, which suggests,
given the config_office/configure logic, that your "java" is not gij
(i.e. contains libgcj in java --version), and that your "javac" is not
ecj. So, I imagine this scenario could only come about if "java" is not
"gij" but your "javac" is actually "gcj" ?

I need to set up a new VMware box to answer this question.

What I remember is that JAVA_HOME pointed to "<something>-gcj" and I did not only have a GCC which pretended to be a javac but also several *-gcj RPMs installed which contained assorted development libraries. After the removal of all *gcj* it worked fine - solved for me.

The SuSE 11 installation was more or less "out-of-the-box" - "out-of-the -.iso" file. Don't know if that helps. Let me try again a little later to give you more details. Maybe its possible to catch in the makefile which would be definetly a plus :).

Ulf