On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 17:14 +0900, Hung Nguyen Vu wrote:
> Sorry for cross-posting but I seems that I have asked in a wrong mailing
> list.
> So I forward this email.
>

> When I compile DEV300_m29 with dmake, I get the following *warning*:
>
> /home/vuhung/public_html/foss/src/DEV300_m29/solver/300/
> unxlngi6.pro/inc/com/sun/star/uno/Any.hxx:268:
> warning: lowering visibility of 'sal_Bool
> com::sun::star::uno::operator==(const com::sun::star::uno::Any&, const
> C&) [with C = bool]' to match its type
>
> Is that safe to ignore the warning?

Basically "yes", it is safe to ignore the warning. What is your compiler
version, i.e. gcc -v. Some various vendors gcc versions between about >
4.1.X and < 4.3.0 had various slightly different experimental visibility
features in them. One of them was sort of an attempt (IIUC) to make
visibility markup a sort of C++ language extension and so giving these
sort of warnings when (what was felt to be) logical inconsistencies in
markup was detected

Now in gcc 4.3.0 things have settled down visibility-wise and such a
compiler shouldn't warn about this.

*some* gcc variant's visibility stuff doesn't always work right, and can
cause horrific hard-to-find crashes. But I think that if your compiler
gets past the configure tests for common visibility brokenness then you
should be safe regardless of those warnings.

C.