Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:
Users do care about startup time( how long does it take to open OOo 3.0).
Actually someone has done that for 1.x vs. 2.0. but I didn't find
anything for 3.0
http://www.oooninja.com/2008/05/responses-to-is-openofficeorg-getting.html

Unfortunately, the dominant factor in how long it takes OOo to startup seems to be how fast the user's system responds to DNS queries, not on which OOo version they are using. See

http://forum.mandriva.com/viewtopic.php?t=81345&highlight=openoffice+startup

for a discussion of this issue (and various workrounds).

I suspect that most of the people who complain that OOo is really slow to start up are suffering from this issue, so won't see any improvements made in the OOo code base.

Martin