Hello, *,

Dr Daniel Flickinger schrieb:
> There are German and French versions of 3.0 for Mac PPC but not English.
>
> Does the community need another version builder? I have the horsepower
> and the experience, particularly with FreeBSD which underlies Mac. I
> presume the primary task would be to compile in the language pacs.
>
> The latest revision to OSX 10.5.5 blew Open Office 2.3.0 and 2.4.0 out
> of the water with changes to X11. I had to recompile Mozilla, Gimp, and
> Xemacs. The German and French versions of Open Office seem to work
> flawlessly but using the German version with a dictionary in hand is
> tedious since most of the menu items are not listed.

There is no problem to build an English version for PPC.
you can get one here:
http://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/MacOSX/3.0.0rc4/

The problem is that there is no team to test this version as the French
and German one is tested.

After a report of these tests and the result of them it can be released.

I need only a report about the tests.

Kind regards

Mechtilde

Member of the Germanophone QA