Hi Jakob,

The file lock was temporary released during the saving was actually a bug in the OOo2.x system file locking implementation. I do not see a way to workaround the problem, except using UNO API to load the document. In this case you could register a listener that would be notified when the document is closed.

You are right, the OOo3.0 uses own file locking mechanics based on lock-file. The solution was introduced only for OOo documents, since the locking mechanics is recognized by OOo3.0 only. So the idea was that if only OOo3.0 would be used to edit the documents in network, the documents would be handled in OOo format.

The practice has shown that the alien formats indeed need the locking in this scenario as well. The documents of alien formats will be locked with the OOo file locking mechanics starting from OOo3.0.1 release.

Best regards,
Mikhail.