Hi Steve

2008/11/24 Steve Weber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I use OpenOffice and find the Thesaurus to be handy..  But it is kinda hard
> to use (select it from the menu Tools->Language->Thesaurus or Ctrl + F7)
> Would it not be nice if 'one' could simply right-click on a word and have a
> Thesaurus-> that list related words... kinda how the spellchecker works.
>
> #user right clicks on a none hilighted word
>
> context menu example..
> =============
> Font->
> Size->
> --------------------
> Thesaurus->
> --------------------
> Past
> =============
>
> #then th user moves the mouse on Thesaurus->
> lists some synonyms for the word.
>

> Alright time to get to work....
> Since im a programmer I installed the OpenOffice SDK and netbeans 6.5 with
> the OpenOffice plugin...
> Did some reading in the "OpenOffice.org 2.3  Developer's Guide •   June
> 2007" on page ~490 about the Linguistic stuff...
>
> Well im still lost and dont know where or how I should go about adding this
> new abiality to the right click context menu.
> Any help would umm help.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] would be a better mailing list for you.

There was someone in October trying to do the same, search in the API
mailing list archive
http://api.openoffice.org/servlets/BrowseList?listName=dev&from=2008-10-01&to=2008-10-31&count=253&by=date&first=1&windowSize=1000
(I guess the easiest way would be to search every mail written by that
developer, for example
http://api.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=20182 )

Any way, I can't tell how things went with him, as he didn't show up anymore...

Regards
Ariel.