Hi all,
It seems that the Mac version of OpenOffice starts off the JVM incorrectly, it doesn't initialize the AWT subsystem on the main thread. The implication of this is that when the our plugin tries to render its dialog box, OOo makes a call into the AWT subsystem, but since it is not initialized the call fails and either OOo crashes, or in some cases it comes up with an empty dialog box.

The bug is in the way OpenOffice port of MacOS, inits the JVM. Is this a known issue? Should I file a bug for the same?

Regards,
Karthik

Karthik Sudarshan wrote:
Hi all,
I've developed an extension which has Options dialog, which works fine on Windows XP and Vista. But on Mac accessing of this dialog crashes OOo. I attached the debugger and I see that the call to my DialogEventHandler successfully completes and I return a true from the handleXXX method. This would indicate that the control has gone back to OOo code. After this, my dialog window gets displayed and then OOo crashes (without any interaction from the user).

Any ideas what I should look at? Also is there an error log that I can look at.

Thanks,
Karthik