Hi Rich,

Rich wrote:
On 2009.03.17. 19:56, Mathias Bauer wrote:
Hi,

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Software Engineer - Sun Microsystems wrote:

Hi all,

Thorsten Ziehm wrote:
IMHO, we do not find critical problems (show stoppers) in DEV builds very early, only half of them are found early according to my experience.
Some data about the show stoppers, which I have fixed in the last days:

thinking about time when bugs are found i got reminded about one issue - actually getting the dev/testing builds. i'll admit ignorance about how these things are handled, but that might also help to understand how many possible testers would see it. from my point of view, dev snapshots aren't always available fast enough, and quite often in dev series only every other build is available to public. of course, this means less testing and testing later in the development process.

for example, currently supposedly OOO310_m6 is available, public download - m5

The milestones are uploaded as soon as possible. When the milestone
is ready for use the upload started. The mass of the uploaded files
and the delivering time to the mirror network take more than 24 hours.
So in the current situation (build for different platforms in different
languages) need such time.

I do not know, how this can be fastened for all OOo users? Do you have
any idea?

Thorsten

  • [dev] amount... Martin Hollmichel
    • Re: [de... Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany
    • Re: [de... Ingrid Halama
      • Re:... Mathias Bauer
        • ... Thorsten Ziehm
          • ... Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Software Engineer - Sun Microsystems
            • ... Thorsten Ziehm
            • ... Mathias Bauer
              • ... Rich
                • ... Thorsten Ziehm
                • ... Thorsten Behrens
                • ... Andre Schnabel
                • ... André Schnabel
                • ... sophie gautier
          • ... Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany
            • ... Thorsten Ziehm
              • ... Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany
          • ... Maximilian Odendahl
            • ... Thorsten Ziehm
              • ... Maximilian Odendahl