Hi,

The SCM System Survey closed yesterday.
149 contributors participated in the survey. The system of choice is
for 3% Bazaar, for 23% Git and for 49% Mercurial. 25% had no preference.

For more information see
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/SCM_Migration#Evaluating_DSCM_candidates
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/one_step_further_towards_a

Thanks for your participation. I think this is valuable input for the upcoming ESC meeting.

Greetings
Stefan

Stefan Taxhet wrote:
Hi,

The current version control system for OpenOffice.org source code is
Subversion (SVN). According to our plan we are going to be replace this
by a Distributed Software Configuration Management (DSCM) system.

An evaluation has been presented in the March 2009 ESC meeting.
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Image:Esc_dscm_evaluation.odp
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Image:DSCM_evaluation_2009_03.odt

During the ESC meeting it was suggested to consult the OpenOffice.org
contributors about experiences and preferences with version control
systems. The results will help us with the final decision.
The survey is open now and will close midnight UTC Thursday March 26.

Participation in the Survey
1. Click on the link below. You will be asked to enter your name and
your @openoffice.org email address. The email address is mandatory and
we will ignore any submissions from any other email addresses.
2. An email will be sent to your @openoffice.org address containing a
link. Clicking on the link will take you to the survey system.
Note: if you do not receive the email, please check your spam filter!
3. When you have made your choices, the system will send you a second
email to confirm that your selections have been stored.

http://surveys.services.openoffice.org/surveys/index.php?sid=52123&lang=en

Thanks
Stefan