I'm using OpenOffice 3.0 API.

I need to generate a thumbnail for page 1 of an N-page document.
Currently, I'm taking the doc/ppt file and converting it to PDF and then
using jpedal to render the PNG file thumbnail for use in my display.

The conversion of the file from .doc to .pdf is the "slow" part of my
process currently.  Is there either...

1.      A quick way to snag a snapshot of the first page of the doc
using OO for the thumbnail?
2.      A faster way to convert the doc?  Currently, I'm loading the
file from a URL, then storing the file (which does the conversion).  Is
there a faster utility that doesn't force me to open and save the doc?

Aaron

Aaron Ehrensberger

Software Architect

DocFinity(r) by Optical Image Technology, Inc.

100 Oakwood Avenue, State College, PA  16803

ph: 814.238.0038 ext. 270

fax: 814.238.0011

email: aehrensber...@docfinity.com

web: www.docfinity.com