On Mon, 2009-07-13 at 14:02 -0400, Lealdo Delucci wrote:
> Good Morning,
>
> I am working on a project and I was hoping someone could point me in the
> correct direction. I am trying to write a program that will read Macros from
> a Microsoft Office document. I found the appropriate file within open
> office, but I am confused on parts of it. In the source tree, the file is in
> root->svx->source->msfilter.cxx. I thought maybe someone could point me
> toward documentation, development notes, or maybe even the people
> responsible for writing this code or figuring out the algorithms in it.

IIRC the streams are compressed with mszip compression, which these days
is probably documented if you google for "mszip compression", e.g.
http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/D/D/5DD33FDF-91F5-496D-9884-0A0B0EE698BB/%5BMS-MCI%5D.pdf

The code itself is pre-documentation, so riddled a bit with guess-work,
otherwise you'll have to ask a more specific question, the code does
have some comments in it which may help.

libgsf has a "gsf-vba-dump" tool which might be exactly what you want if
you're looking for a standalone tool that just extracts vba from a
pre-xml MSOffice document.

C.