Hi Frank,

Dne Friday 28 of August 2009 21:37:33 Frank Schoenheit, Sun Microsystems
Germany napsal(a):

> As long as we do not have a *perfect* fitting name, we should stay with
> MWS and CWS. All other terms I read so far potentially lead to wrong
> associations (e.g. the "feature" problem in a CWS, as mentioned by
> Heiner). Sure, you can correct this by explaining the terms, but you'll
> always have people not knowing the explanation. I'd prefer having terms
> which cannot be understood without explanation over terms which can be
> understood the wrong way.

Well, my problem here is that for me, the term 'feature branch' is established
enough ;-)  And then I take the results of my googling as supportive
arguments (eg.
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.2/svn.branchmerge.commonuses.html, or
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb668955.aspx), but of course, I may
be wrong.

> As cloph said, the development model of OOo is pretty unique, so I don't
> see a need to forcefully use terms which have a different semantics in
> different models.

When you look at the usage of SCM, I don't think the development model of OOo
is unique at all.  Even the Linux kernel does the same thing - nobody else
than Linus (== release engineers in OOo) can push to Linus'es tree (== to
DEV300), and the (series of) patches are the CWSes ;-)  Or am I missing
something?

Regards,
Kendy