Eike Rathke wrote:
> Hi Kristján,
>
> On Sunday, 2009-09-06 20:49:27 +0000, Kristján Bjarni Guðmundsson wrote:
>
>> I am having problems building DEV300_m54 on Ubuntu, I am using the prepared
>> Ubuntu build image, but with a newer source.
>>
>> I get the following error:
>> /home/ooo/Desktop/DEV300_m54/solver/300/
>> unxlngi6.pro/inc/mozilla/string/nsTAString.h:529: undefined reference to
>> `nsObsoleteAString::sCanonicalVTable'
>
> Did you upgrade the Mozilla pre-built as well? As of m53 newer ones are
> needed, see http://tools.openoffice.org/moz_prebuild/OOo3.2/
>
>   Eike

why would he need a prebuilt mozilla? he is using --disable-mozilla:

>> My configure is following:
>> ./configure --with-use-shell=bash --with-system-libs
>> --without-system-jars
>> --without-system-icu --without-system-agg --without-system-lpsolve
>> --without-system-mspack --disable-mozilla --disable-gtk

i've had a quick look at the connectivity module, mozab/mozbootstrap, and
what an awful mess it is... in the !WITH_MOZILLA case, it still builds
something, with most of the code #ifdef-ed out!

Frank, you're probably the only one who could know what is going wrong here...
my guess: probably there is some mozilla string in there that is not
properly #ifdef-ed out or something.

michael

PS: it seems those mozilla jokers even have renamed their obsolete string
classes to indicate they're obsolete; sadly we have not even gotten this
far :(

PPS: does anybody know how many string classes are actually in use in OOo?
recently learned that autodoc does not use sal strings, but a homegrown one...

--
"As the patent office has been so apt at demonstrating, a failure to find
 the sources and an unfamiliarity with the subject is easily mistaken for