Hi,

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 02:01:34PM +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 09/25/09 13:49, Rene Engelhard wrote:
>> But what about defaulting to the current login shell?
>> People who might want tcsh already might use it as login shell
>
> I would vote for getting rid of tcsh-support in the build environment
> completely, sooner or later.  Making the shell used within the build
> default to bash is a move in that direction, while making it depend on
> $SHELL is not.

True. But using $SHELL has the benefit that we can still get rid of
the configure check at all and if we switched to bash we can just silently
do it because no one will expect anything else because he's specifying
--with-use-shell= (which IMHO was a bad idea to b egin withg, but at that
time we had various shells, including 4nt...)

Grüße/Regards,

Rene