Am Tue, 22 Dec 2009 15:27:46 +0100
schrieb Rene Engelhard <r...@openoffice.org>:

> Even now we do not (unless something changes recently which should be
> fixed) testautomatiopn for a simple build without running tests.

True. Still, there are:
- Things that can be done in hours or days (like fixing the docs)
- Things that take a few days to weeks (like fixing the master build)
- Things that take longer (like restructuring the build completely)

Those are not mutually exclusive and one should not pit their
priorities against each other. If the aim is important, all actions
should get an high priority. Two Rights dont make a Wrong.

I simply do not know enough about the source-tarballs and how they are
intended to be used, but there is a --disable-qadevooo configure switch
that actually might do what is required here. But I have not really
digged much in the innards of configure.in nor am I a QA eng nor do I
use the source tarballs (which are of limited use, if one wants to
contribute back to OOo), so honestly I dont know.

But if we offer source tree in split tarballs, we should really
have that stuff documented is a _visible_ way and not in a locked filing
cabinet struck in a disused lavatory in the unlit cellar with a sign on
the door saying Beware of the Leopard (read: some obscure mailing list
post some five years ago).

BR,

Bjoern