Hi Vito,
vito smolej wrote:
Hi everybody:

Context;: I am testing 320 m8 for the slovenian / Win version (and a
startup on OSX). After making my usual round of screwups and oversights
(no localized txt files, no access rights to userdata etc) I think I
have my environment pat - or at least far better than at the beginning.

I cant for whatever reason update the old (RED) test results with the
latest (light / deep greeen, no errors) cases. Nor can I delete the test
cases as indicated / promised (probably work in progress) in the QUASTe
wiki page.
If you are the one who upload them, you should be able to delete the test, but only if you are the owner of them. You need to login on QASTe and go to your language/plateform, when you get the list of test per module, there is a check box in front of the test, and a button to delete them at the bottom of the page.
Here's the cases I would like to update - it's all 320 m8 / Slovenian :

*windows *

    * e_update.bas
    * f_window_functions.bas
    * f_wizards.bas
    * d_updt.bas
    * i_updt_1,bas
    * i_updt_2.bas
    * m_updt.bas
    * w_updt.bas

*OSX*

    * ch_updt:calc

put it simpler: anything that's not light or dark green, needs to be
replaced with newer test results.

If there's a way I can do it myself, I would gladly do it, but the
mechanism for updates is not as simple as I thought - possibly my
deleting the old RES files screws it up. Also, a hint or URL on the role
of OOo320m8/*.txt files would be welcome - do they get numbered, should
they be cleared between tests etc.

To summarize my errors (this may help others in a similar situation, I
hope):
i) do not screw around with keyboard and/or mouse, while Testtool is
running. This is especially dangerous on long tests - for instance on
w_updt. One mouse klick in the wrong moment and you can dump 30 or 40
minutes of your and machine time.
ii) localize the test environment: in some units (writer, graphics)  you
may find BAS files in the tools subdirectory that will expand the
environment. As far as I can tell, this is not expected / necessary for
level 0 tests.
iii) check the privileges for your <program files >/OOo subdirectory.
Some tests depend on write rights (extension test for instance).
When you redo a test, delete the OOo user directory, it may also help to get the green light :)
Kind regards
Sophie