On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Stephan Bergmann
<stephan.bergm...@sun.com> wrote:
> Any objections against dropping support for using tcsh as the shell invoked
> by dmake within the OOo code base?

We had that discussion lately and the results were: No objections. At
least nobody did complain/wanted to keep tcsh.

In fact I already planned to do a related cws after the 3.2 release
(but of course I won't object if somebody else wants to do it)

> [...]
> Two questions remain:
>
> For one, the to-be-sourced scripts currently ensure that USE_SHELL's path is
> in PATH, but I see no reason for that?

Me neither. If the full path is given anyway... If at all: configure's
job, not the one of the env-script.

> For another, are there any relevant configurations where bash is not at
> /bin/bash?

I don't know any (but that doesn't count much  I guess :-)

Regarding POSIX: I already did bash-builds with the POSIXLY_CORRECT
environment variable - no problem at all. (so /bin/sh could be used as
a fallback, possibly with an appropriate configure-warning-message)

ciao
Christian