On 01/02/2010 10:19, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 02/01/10 09:23, Toufique, Imam wrote:
>> Yes, it does.  At the beginning I thought -fPIC was not being pulled in, so,
>> I set it manually for g++.
>
> Hm, sorry, leaves me clueless.
>
> -Stephan

me too.  the only explanation that comes to mind is "compiler and/or
linker bug".

have you looked if there are updated versions of gcc/binutils available
for your distro?

or maybe there is a different gcc version available that you could install
in addition to the (possibly) broken one?

another idea: have you tried compiling 32-bit binaries?  maybe then the
bug won't hit you?  (i never needed to do this myself, so i don't really
know how, but it is possible...)

regards, michael

--
"...it is undersirable to go for the right thing first; better to get
 half of the right thing available so it spreads like a virus. Once