Wei Zhang wrote:
And the configure parameters I used is following :
CC=gcc34 CXX=g++34 ./configure --prefix=/scratch/wei/usr/local/OOO_2.0.1/ --enable-symbols --enable-debug --disable-mozilla --with-ant-home=/scratch/wei/usr/local/ant_1.6.2/ --with-jdk-home=/s/jdk1.4.2

I was wondering the build with the parameters above might not work properly.

There seems nothing wrong, but --enable-debug would produce huge, giant .so
files and a set of those files could not fit in the memory.
E.g. the size of Writer's .so file is normally 10s MB, but .so file with debug
mode reaches 100s MB.
Imagine OpenOffice.org 2.x will load about 50s .so files at its start up. How
much memory would be needed to load those debug version of .so files?

I would recommend building the entire OpenOffice.org without debug mode first,
then building a specific, questioned module with debug mode again.

Tora