>> I'm doing a rather primitive thing: load and close a document.
>> Question: why does it make OO grow 50Mb/minute?
>
> The Java-side proxy objects (referenced through variable xComponent)
> keep the OOo-side XComponent objects (representing the opened documents)
> alive until the JVM garbage collector decides to finalize them.

Jstat tells me that xComponents are collected.
I even added these two lines of code:

xComponent = null;
System.gc();

to make sure that xComponent objects are collected.

Another observation: if I use TCP connection instead of Name pipes
OO leaks 150Mb/minute instead of 50Mb/minute :-)

Most probably Java UNO implementation doesn't release OO
resources once  XComponent gets garbage collected.

Oleg