[ please follow Netiquette and wrote proper lines with proper linebreaks ]

Hi,

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 05:20:49PM +0400, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
> >  Actually, no, I disagree. As it's just a data file, we can just include
> >  it in the SDK.
>
> Actually, this script is not "OOo side" integration.

Wrong. It is. It is a file for loooking where OOos SDK is.

> It's intended to be included into projects using CMake, it will not work
> from from SDK location (as, for example, pkg-config files work).

Err., last I looked cmake had a dir where it looked for .cmake files:

r...@frodo:/usr/share/cmake-2.8$ ls -la
insgesamt 80
drwxr-xr-x   5 root root  4096 20. Nov 2009  .
drwxr-xr-x 416 root root 12288 24. Mai 23:52 ..
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root  4096 17. Mai 12:59 include
drwxr-xr-x   6 root root 53248 17. Mai 12:59 Modules
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root  4096 17. Mai 12:59 Templates

What about this?

>  Alternatively, it could be submitted to CMake, placed in its directory it
> will be available without copying to project.

I don't think that's a good idea. Such stuff belongs to the project
wheere it#s supposed to check for (so it can be adapted there for changes)
Like stuff for the < 3 SDKs won't work with >= 3 SDKs.

> Of course, I can provide an example of usage, but if you want to include
> CMake integration into SDK, it will require a bit more effort.

A bit, not much. (And yeah, I don't believe that without tight system
integration it will work, but if you read closer, I didn't claim that
anyways)

> Also, I'd like to add that this file could be potentially used not only for
> extensions, but for any project which needs OpenOffice.org files for any
> purpose (but it may require some improvements in it).

Exactly. One more point why it should be in SDK (and be it for reference
or for copying it in your tree - like the infamous unowinreg.dll)
Grüße/Regards,

René