Hi all,

I hacked together a proof-of-concept for a mercurial extension that
does automagically do all the annoying bookkeeping for cws handling.
From the description page on the wiki:

"The branchwatch extension is an extension for the Mercurial SCM that
collects data about all the feature branches (ChildWorkSpaces) in
OpenOffice.org development. It extracts all information only from the
repository itself. Once it is stable, it could make the annoying
administrative overhead of keeping data about branches up-to-date in
external tools like EIS superficial -- at least for the time of active
development (i.e. before 'Ready for QA')."
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:B_Michaelsen/Mercurial/Branchwatch

The current state of the extension shows that all administrative data
can be extracted from the repository alone (so it fulfilled the
"proof" in "proof-of-concept").
Before exploring the idea further, I would like to hear some feedback:
Do other devs think it is worth the effort? Are there totally different
ideas? Anyone interested in helping out?

Best Regards,

Bjoern