On 01.08.10 16:09, Rony G. Flatscher wrote:
Hi there,

for an extension I would like to have the OOo update feature active. If
an update is available then the user should be directed to a HTML page
that explains what is necessary to get and install the update.

Unfortunately, my tests do not show this feature to be triggered
(changing the update xml file to a version level that is higher than the
deployed extension).

For that purpose the "description.xml" file is defined as (just showing
the relevant elements):

     <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
     <description xmlns="http://openoffice.org/extensions/description/2006";
     xmlns:d="http://openoffice.org/extensions/description/2006";
     xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";>

       <version value="4.04" />

       <identifier value="org.oorexx.uno.ScriptProviderForooRexx.package" />

       <dependencies>
         <OpenOffice.org-minimal-version value="2.0" d:name="OpenOffice.org
2.0"/>
       </dependencies>

       <update-information>
         <src
xlink:href="http://wi.wu-wien.ac.at/rgf/rexx/bsf4oorexx/current/ooRexx4OOo_update.xml";
 />
       </update-information>

     </description>

You can find information about the update information here:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Extensions/Description_of_the_Update_Information

Best regards,
Joachim

The update xml file:

     <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
     <inst:description
xmlns:inst="http://installation.openoffice.org/description";>
       <inst:id>org.oorexx.uno.ScriptProviderForooRexx.package</inst:id>
       <inst:version>5.00</inst:version>

       <inst:update type="text/html"
src="http://wi.wu-wien.ac.at/rgf/rexx/bsf4oorexx/current/ooRexx4OOo_update.html"; />

     </inst:description>

Is there something I am doing wrong here?

TIA,

---rony

P.S.: The specifications that I used were:

     <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Update_Notification_Protocol>

<http://specs.openoffice.org/appwide/packagemanager/online_update_for_extensions.odt>