On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 1:43 PM, ameya joshi <joshiameyajo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> HI All,
>>
>> I am Ameya , I want to contribute to the open office .org open source
>> projects.
>>
>> I have been learning C for past 9 months & am pretty comfortable with it ,
>> but i want to test my skills on practical applications.

Hi thanks for your email please email d...@education.openoffice.org is
a great place to start on learning how to work with OOo's code. We do
have some instructional steps on hacking the OOo code and learn the
contribution process.

>> I have been through The To-dos list of framework & saw that the skills
>> required are C++ & also the difficulty level is medium.
>>
>> Should i directly start with these framerwork projects?

There are different ways to contribute, you could do so through the
API and create new things through extension.
http://extensions.openoffice.org and the Wiki could give you insight
to how to create extensions as well as contribute to them. Extensions
however are consider external independent projects which might not be
related to the OOo project.

--
Alexandro Colorado
OpenOffice.org EspaƱol