Hello,

I have written a C++ component implementing XProtocolHandler. On opening
a document, this is instantiated three times. Whenever I use the menu
bar, several more instances are created. The same applies when I use the
Tools->Options dialog.

Is it necessary to have so many instances? I would be completely happy
to have one instance per document that is opened, and to have it
destroyed when the document is closed.

There was a suggestion to implement a XAsyncJob instead, but the
documentation seems to suggest that jobs don't go well with user
interaction (dialog boxes etc.). Anyway, I tried it, but the Office is
blocked until I call jobFinished(), whereupon the component instance is
destroyed, which kind of defeats my purpose.

Thank you for any ideas.

        Jan