On 10 September 2010 09:43, Mathias Bauer <nospamfor...@gmx.de> wrote:

> On 09/02/2010 10:33 PM, Knut Olav Břhmer wrote:
>
>>  <cut>

> To fix this I need to know how OpenOffice.org saves the file. Does it
>> create
>> a temporary file, deletes the original file and then moves the temp file
>> the original file.
>>

> OOo creates a temporary file, saves to it, truncates the original file and
> then streams the temporary file over it. This is the only way to preserve
> file access rights in every case.
>

>  Or maybe someone has any idea on why the activeX component fails (probably
>> difficult with so little information).
>>

> Maybe the component recognizes the truncation but can't deal with the fact
> that OOo is still writing to the file.
>
> In general your attempt is very fragile. You should write an OOo extension
> that reacts on document events.

Thank you for answering.

This issue was "fixed" by removing all the "fancy" functionality from the
activeX component.
Luckily someone had access to the source code of the activeX component, and
fixed it. An OpenOffice.org extension would be the best solution in
stability and functionality, but these things are third party programs. So I
hope they ask me to write an OOo-ext.

Best regards
--
Knut Olav Bøhmer