Hi Stephan,

> If there ever crop up new tests that do require a complete OOo
> installation,

While I agree that the unoapi tests are quite fragile, the current
subsequenttests are more than this. In particular, there are complex
test cases which I'd claim are much more stable. (More precise, I'd
claim this for the complex tests in at least forms and dbaccess, since
we spent significant efforts in the past to actually make them stable
and reliable.)

So, I would be somewhat unhappy to throw all those "they require a
running OOo instance" tests into the same "unreliable" category.

I'm all in for disabling unoqpi tests in subsequent tests, but there are
tests which I'd like to be executed by default, even if they require a
running office.

Other than that, I'd claim that for a halfway complex implementation,
you pretty early reach a state where you need an UNO infrastructure at
least, and quickly even a running office. So, I don't share your
optimism that new tests can nearly always be written to not require a
running OOo.
One reason more to keep a subsequenttests infrastructure which can be
run all the time (i.e. excludes unoapi) - we'll need it more sooner than
later, if we take "write tests" serious.

JM2C

Ciao
Frank

--