On 01/10/2010 11:28, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 10/01/10 10:53, vlad f halilov wrote:
>> Hello. I have succesfully builded OOo 3.2.1 with  instruction for
>> Solaris 10 (no any errors) for x86 arch. After selecting any application
>> (writer, calc etc), it freeze with attached screenshot. But with binary
>> package (from openoffice.org) all working fine. Locale is ru_RU.UTF-8.
>> On 'C' locale, all working fine with both (mine and binary) distr's.
>> Only one different in startup found with cyrillic locale - no 'IME
>> Status' window in binary version. I found no way to disable 'IME status'
>> window in my environment, so please ask, which configure keys or patch
>> used by team for compiling solaris 10 x86 distributive?
>
> Your screenshot (I assume it contained an error box) got stripped from
> the mail -- can you just write down the box's content (translated to
> English, in case it is in Russian)?
>
> Whether and why those IME status windows appear, I must admit I have no
> idea either (I myself notice them sometimes popping up on Solaris Gnome,
> sometimes not).

is this that weird selection thingy that gets tacked on to windows?
i've managed to deactivate that for GTK+ apps with the following settings:

> gconftool-2 -s -t string /desktop/gnome/interface/gtk-im-status-style none
> gconftool-2 -s -t string /desktop/gnome/interface/gtk-im-preedit-style none

i notice that none of my OOo windows currently display that selection box,
but i don't know whether that is due to the gconf settings or for some
other reason.

Q. Why is top posting bad?