hi,
.
i haven't worked with VS2010 yet,, nor i have any in-depth working knowledge
about build process, but i know someth might be helpful..
.
i built in windows a long time back,, and as per i remember you basically
need csc.exe (command line C sharp compiler) and associated required
includes and binaries(the BIN folder in your VC installation), rest all is
not important. just see if these files are present and if found then use
switches,, --with-csc-path, and --with-asm-home to point to them...  and
then see what happens,, do share the results.
.
as per compatibility issues, all new VS2010 libraries should be back
compatible, but still can't trust Microsoft they could remove back support
to promote new products,, lets see ,, give it a try,, do share your
experience.
.
regards
kushal